Are you at risk from Toll Fraud?
The global cost of telephone fraud exceeds $50 billion each year. Toll fraud,
also known as phreaking is a risk to businesses of any size and not just limited
to large enterprises. Attackers use automated tools to locate and compromise
vulnerable systems and once compromised will begin making calls that could
cost your business thousands of dollars. Usually done after hours, by the time
you realise it’s happening it could be too late.
NEC’s Toll Fraud application constantly monitors calls in and out of your phone
system looking for suspicious call patterns. These rules are totally customisable
and can be matched to your unique business needs. Once a suspicious call is
made the system can either alert you via email or block the phone from making
further calls. The phone can be re-enabled by replying to the email – it is that simple.
Unlike other solutions, NEC’s toll fraud detection runs within your phone system
so there is no need to purchase and run expensive servers or monitoring equipment.
Top 10 reasons you need NEC’s toll fraud detection
- Peace of mind with an effective toll fraud defence
-‘On duty’ 24/7/365
- Helps prevent toll fraud attacks which can easily cost thousands of dollars
- Low cost on-board solution with no extra cost of PC server required (unlike other solutions in the marketplace)
- Tailored specifically to the needs of your business and call patterns
- Zero maintenance solution which ‘sits in the background’ until an alert is triggered
- Easy to use: alerts are easily switched off if telephone usage is legitimate
- Acts as a strong deterrent to internal telephone abuse
- Flexible solution with easy updates via online Application Manager
- Reacts instantly to a potential toll fraud attack
What is toll fraud?
A fraudulent attempt by a hacker to gain unlawful remote access to a phone system,
usually via an open SIP port. Attacks are often highly organized from an automated
server and once accessed, fraudulent calls are connected and over a period of time,
can run up call charges of potentially thousands.
How does NEC’s Toll Fraud Guard work?
All call activity is monitored 24/7 and any suspicious call activity is detected instantly.
This results in one of two automatic alerts: an ‘alert only’ email sent to designated
recipients, or in more severe cases an ‘alert and block’ which prevents any further call
activity instantly. The emails explain why calls were considered to be suspicious.
Once checked, if the call activity is legitimate the restriction can be quickly removed
and your communications continue as normal.
Contact us for all the support and advice you need on Fraud Detection. We proudly serve Evansville, IN, and the surrounding area.